Mom’s Creamy Chicken Fettuccine with Red Peppers & Peas
Recipe by our General Manager, Katie Ota, to pair with our 2018 Viognier for our October 2021 Wine Club release.
- 1.25 lb chicken breast, in strips
- 1 large or 2 small red bell peppers, cut into ¼”strips (you can also sub jarred roasted red peppers here!)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 - 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 oz dried fettuccini
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
Melt butter and olive oil in a large heavy skillet, medium heat. Cook chicken lightly, turning. Remove chicken, set aside. Add peppers, garlic, cayenne and stir to blend. Sautee until peppers are tender. Add cream and broth, simmer until slightly thickened. Stir in ½ cup Parmesan cheese.
Meanwhile, cook fettuccini until al dente. Add peas to pot. Drain. Put fettuccini and peas into a large serving bowl, add pepper mixture and toss with basil. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese.
Serve immediately, with more Parmesan, basil and freshly ground black pepper at the table for garnishing as desired.
Pour a large glass of 2018 Viognier to enjoy alongside and dig in!